Friday 28 September 2012

Getting Started

Well today is the day that I prepare to start-up my hobby again. I have bought all the equipment I need, there are still a few items I would like to get but we'll have to wait for them as they can come over time when I can afford them.


Meeting my mum and Brian this morning to make sure we got all the equipment that we need ready and see if there's any thing we need from the fishing shop. I am sure there are a couple of items I will need.



Can't wait for fishing on Saturday its been such a while since i enjoyed the sport like this. I remember when I was younger entering as many competitions as I could. I only ever came 2nd once but that made my day.


I did do a bit of fishing when i first came back from Cyprus, i went with Brian (my step father) and we had a good days fishing at Lamby pond. He came first in the comp and i came second. We both won a bit of money so that pleased me.


I will start to enter competitions again but it won't be till next year as i need a lot of practice to get back into it and need to learn all these new techniques they have come  up with such as whip and pole fishing. Once I master these two techniques I will be ready to enter competitions.