Tuesday 23 October 2012

Carp Fishing - Getting Ready

Well i was all excited this morning as today was the day i bought my new carp gear. I managed to get there nice and early to make sure i was first in the cue. All the gear has now been checked and made ready for my first carp outing. 

This trip is basically to test all the equipment properly and get used to using it. Like anything that you buy new, its always advisable to test run it before you get a bit more serious. So finger crossed we should be in for some great fun. Even though my main reason for this trip is to test out the new carp gear i will probably be using the pole and whip as well as i wont be able to resist bagging in a few smaller fish during the day.

( A friend bagging in a few nice size Bream)

I have stocked up on a variety of baits so the fish are going to be spoilt this weekend. I am making sure i have a bit of everything just to make sure i get the fish feeding and hopefully bag myself a nice Big Carp weighing double figures, but you never know whats going to happen till the day. I have been told that Hendre has got quite a few nice size Carp, up in the high doubles, in the lakes but they are shy feeders so it takes a bit of skill to catch them.

Whilst preparing for the Fishing trip i thought it was only right that i should familiarize myself and remind myself about the different Carp rigs there are. Presentation now days is everything. There are so many to choose from and they all work in different ways depending on how your fishing. I thought i would share a few with you. Get Hooked!