Friday 5 October 2012

Fishing Peterstone Lakes - Saturday 6th October 2012

Well I have packed all my gear ready for the trip tomorrow, meeting Patricia (my mother) And Brian (my step-father) at 9.30 in the Morning and then straight up to the lake. The weather is forecast sunny with low cloud at times and the odd shower, so it may be a "get ya brolly out" day tomorrow. I have only ever fished this lake once, just a short while ago, and from my first experience of the lake I can't wait to get stuck in again. They have a good selection of fish and excellent quality and size. They have an on site shop, they keep a small selection of the more popular baits, plus serve all day breakfast rolls , teas and coffee etc.

Update: Saturday 6th October 2012 - 08:15
Woken up this morning, looked outside and what a surprise I got! Beautiful blues skies, sun shining and not a cloud in sight! I think today is going to be  a great day for fishing, am very excited, had to sit down and take five before double checking I had packed everything. OK am all ready for the OFF so just wait for them to come pick me up and of to the lake we go. Lets hope I've got some good news to report with regards to the fish we catch. Fingers crossed for a biggie!  
This is what greeted us when we arrived at Peterstone Lakes.

What a lovely start to the day, the sun was shining, a slight breeze in the air and calm lakes for a perfect days fishing. Started the day slowly as it was quite difficult to get the fish feeding at first but as soon as they started biting, we were in for a great days fishing. The action was good, the fish seemed to feed in sessions so one moment you were striking every cast, the next you would have to wait ten minutes before you'd get the next bite.
I Started the day trying out my new Carp whip, managed to hook a nice size Carp only to lose it when trying to fight it in. I soon put away the whip and went back to the waggler float. Then it was great, loads of nice size Bream, 28 in total, so i didn't do too badly. My mother was also like me, non stop action , fishing the pole she managed to hunt out a few different fish as well as the bream she landed some Roach and Perch and a cracking Bream a lovely little 5lb nugget......


Brian was also fishing the pole and managed to land lots of fish but also came up top trumps with a beautiful Common Carp around 14-15 Lb (the scales we used were no good so the exact weight is somewhere in between) .Also some massive Bream and a 4 lb+ Barbel, to go with his catch of the day. All in all we had a terrific days fishing. Peterstone Lakes offers great fishing for the beginners and the advanced and is definitely a place I would recommend any try fishing. Get Hooked!