Monday 12 August 2013

Fri 2nd August - Willow pond Cefn Mably Lakes

with Patricia Lloyd and Brian Lloyd

 

cefn mably lakes               Cefn Mably 3

Bri and I decided to try fishing Willow Pond, which is suitable for beginners as well as experienced anglers. It has Carp to 7lb,Crucians, F1s, Bream including black bream.

blck bream    

We both decided to use our feeder tackle as everyone seems to use poles on there. Also since I've just had major surgery didn't want to over exert myself with handling a Pole.Hooked a lovely 5lb mirror within the first 30 mins, using Halibut flavoured luncheon meat and halibut ground bait. Brian used strawberry ground bait and soft halibut pellets. He was much slower to start off waiting a good hour for the first fish. As our swims started to build up the fish were coming thick and fast.

cefn mably fish 1     no 4

Bri experimented with other baits, like a chocolate and tiger nut boilie which the carp seemed to love, it wasn't long before he caught me up and passed me. I lost count after 50 fish and Bri was well ahead of that. I had a good few Bream in my count, about 15. the rest were carp. Bri only had a few bream but loads of good sized carp 3 to 5lb. We had a great days fishing at the Willow pond in Cefn Mably Lakes and was exhausted by the end of the day with all the fish we caught. Can’t wait for our next fishing adventure so watch this space…..

Wet Nets & Tight Lines