Sunday 10 August 2014

Winning an On-Line Fishing Competition - Korum

By Martyn Russ
Like many people who enter these online competitions i looked at the prize and didn't really think that i would be the one that would win such a quality prize that was on offer from Korum. I first thought "Wouldn't it be nice to have all the Top of the range fishing Tackle" and not have to buy another bit of kit. I then thought to myself "It wouldn't happen, if only i was so lucky". I suppose we all think that luck just wouldn't be on our side when it comes to the big competitions and to win over a £1000 worth of prizes just wasn't on the cards.... Boy was i so wrong!
I remember logging in to my computer and loading up Facebook to see what had been going on in the fishing world and what catches people were boasting online. I then saw one of FAW's members, Brian Chandler winning one of the Facebook weekly competitions run by several different tackle and bait companies. He had won the different packs of fake corn from Enterprise Tackle and couldn't believe his luck. I congratulated him and then decided to have a look at my e-mails. That's when i had the biggest shock of my life.

An e-mail saying RE: Carp Competition and an introduction stating "Congratulations YOU have won the £1000 Carp Competition from Korum". Well as you can imagine it took me by surprise and took a while for it actually to click home and realize it wasn't one of these spam e-mails claiming you have won prizes that you hadn't really won. I couldn't believe my luck! Was this really happening to me? Was it all real?
I quickly Jumped on Facebook to have a nose at the Korum page to see if there was anything mentioned there and also at their web page online and it was at that point i realized this was really happening to me. A dream had come true. I had been given all the top of the range carp and specimen fishing equipment and luggage from Korum. I would never need to buy another bit of kit, well apart from end tackle and replacing bits i loose during my fishing sessions. WOW! What a week it has been. When the prize arrived i just couldn't believe my eyes there was so much gear.
 Talk about having everything you have ever wanted all in one foul swoop.
Korum I can't thank you enough......... now i can't wait till my next fishing adventure!

Wet Nets & Tight Lines